If we pick them they are $5.00 pt
If you pick them they are $2.50 pt
Why pick fresh blueberries?
Blueberries are #1 in antioxidant activity. They have more age, cancer and heart disease fighting agents per cup than any other fruit or veggie.
1 cup of blueberries has
- 80 calories
- 100% daily value of vitamin C
- 18% daily value fiber
- lowers cholesterol, improves eyesight, prevents urinary tract infections
- no fat no cholesterol no sodium
Don't wash blueberries until ready to eat. They freeze well and will keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks. After picking your berries let them cool to room temperature before sealing them in a container to prevent moisture being trapped.
If we pick them they are $5.00pt
If you pick them they are $2.50pt
Why pick fresh blackberries?
Blackberries also contain lots of antioxidants and are very good for you.
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 62 calories
- 15g fiber
- 50% daily value vit C
- 36% daily value vit K
Most people don't care for the large seeds in the blackberry but the seeds contain very rich amounts of Omega 3 and Omega 6.
Blackberries are highly perishable and must be refridgerated as soon as possible after harvesting. They will keep in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. They can also be frozen by placing them on a cookie sheet in a single layer, place in the freezer. When frozen, put them in a freezer bag or container and the will keep in the freezer for 1 year.
Opens October 3rd -Oct. 31st!
- Mon - Fri 9am-5pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am-6pm
- Admission $6 under 2 Free
You may think that pumpkins are only good for carving but look at these facts:
1 cup of cooked pumpkin contains
- 49 calories
- 3g fiber
- 2g protein
- 0 fat
- 0 cholesterol
- 245% daily value vit A !!!
- 19% daily value vit C
It is also loaded with Beta Carotene which helps fight heart disesase and cancer.
Pumpkins have a long shelf life (months) if kept in a cool dry place. The bottom will rot if it can't breathe so sit on papers or wood.
You can also freeze them by cooking the pulp and storing in freezer bags.
You can do lots of things with pumpkins besides pie. You can make soups, bread, or just eat it like a baked sweet potato.
Try this recipe for Grilled Pumpkin
- 2 lbs fresh pumpkin
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp organo
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and peel the pumpkin. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Add other ingredients. Toss. Place the cubes on the grill over med. heat. Grill 5 to 10 min on each side. When soft remove and serve with butter. YUMMY
You can have your birthday party at BoBrook Farms!! Each child will receive:
- Pie pumpkin (you pick from the patch)
- Hay maze
- Reserved picnic tables (2hrs)
- Sunflower maze
The cost is $150.00 For the first 10 children and $8 for each additional child. Parents are free and may purchase pumpkins seperately if so desired.
Parties must be booked in advance. Please use the contact form.
We will be open for school groups Oct 3 - Oct 31th
Teachers are free and Parents are $3.
Cost $7 per child which includes:
- small pumpkin
- corn pit
- hay maze
- farm zoo
Educational field trips for grades 2 and up
Cost $7 which includes:
- hayride / small pumpkin
- 2 acre sunflower maze
- they will be able to view actual crops growing
- a short presentation on the crops
- AR Ag Reader to take back to school to expound on what they have learned
BoBrook Farms offers just about everything a bride and groom could dream of for their wedding day. The 235 acre, manicured private country setting includes a darling cabin for your wedding party to dress; a romantic ceremony site amidst the pecan trees; and a 4000 sq. ft. pole barn for you and your guests to dance the night away.
*BoBrook Farms is not available the Month of October for Weddings due to the Pumpkin Patch. Events during month of October must schedule setup after 5pm and will have limited access to the farm due to the nature of the activities and décor of the Pumpkin Patch.
- Capacity: 500 guests and 300 cars
- 8 am to Midnight rental (16 hours)
- Bridal Party
- Dressing Rooms
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Barn Reception
- Access to a preferred vendor list
- Access to Venue for Engagement Bridal photo sessions
- 40x100 Pole Barn
- 30x60 barn
- Access to Farm Tables and Benches.
- Free access to the farm for your Engagement and Bridal photo sessions when you book at BoBrook
Located at: 13810 Combee Ln., Roland, AR 72135 - View Map
- Directions -From I-430 take Cantrell rd exit.
- Go west on Cantrell (Hwy 10) approximately 6 miles to the intersection @ Chenal Parkway and Cantrell Rd.
- Turn right at the light and you will be on Hwy 300 heading toward Pinnacle Mtn State Park.
- Stay on Hwy 300 for about 6 miles. We are about 4.5 miles past the mountain on Combee Lane. Just follow the signs.
View Larger Map